Mount Hira Learn Surah Yasin, Yaseen

Friday, June 24, 2011

The Prophet Muhammad's (Peace be upon him) Last Sermon


This sermon was delivered on the ninth day of Dhul Hijjah 10 am in the 'Uranah
valley of Mount Arafat'.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as sacred,
so regard the life and prosperity of every Muslim as sacred trust. Return the
goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one
may hurt you. Remember you will indeed meet your Lord, and that He will indeed
reckon your deeds. ALLAH has forbidden you to take usury (interest), therefore
all interest obligations shall henceforth as be waived.

Beware of satan, for the safety of your religion. he has lost all hope
that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following
him.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regards to your women, but they also have rights over you, if they abide your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with anyone of whom you do not approve, as well as never commit adultery.

O People, listen to me in earnest, worship ALLAH, say your five daily prayers (salah),
fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your wealth in Zakat.
Perform Hajj if you can afford to. You know that every Muslim is the brother
of another Muslim. You are all equal. Nobody  has superiority over other except
by piety and good actions.

Remember, one day you will appear before ALLAH and answer for your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I'm gone.

O People. NO PROPHET OR APOSTLE WILL COME AFTER ME AND NO MAN OF FAITH WILL
BE BORN. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand my words, which I convey to you. I leave behind two things. The QURAN and my example the SUNNAH and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to another to another again; and may the last one understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness O ALLAH, that I conveyed your message to your people.

No comments:

Post a Comment